Skip to main content

Warmup Session

Hello, I'm Zoli and this blog is kind of an extension for a small Hungarian blog called Nagyon Bödön (“Very Jar”). The main purpose of this one is giving you an insight about my job as an online content writer, about the movies and TV-serials I watch, the games I play and about some general stuff.

Job


So, about my job: I write stuff. Small articles, translations, website contect, you name it. I also do part of the company's SEO, too. And yeah, I'm a rookie but I got a taste of the job which made me pretty hungry for success.

Originally I did some writing from 2011 to 2012 but I only do it as a job since 2016. One of my friends started a little enterprise and the aforementioned blog was a part of it. He asked to write some movie reviews and after I left my devastatingly shitty job as an IT guy, I eventually became part of the business. I've always had a low esteem, so social situations and connecting with people personally is very-very... very hard for me, but all those years watching and reading stuff turned out to be beneficial. My skills with computers also come in handy but that's another story.

SEO in Hungary is bit of a mess... like everything there. You know, history wasn't kind with the country. After the end of the cold war western cultural and social trends made their way beyond our borders, but as the previous system wasn't really a solid ground to build on, some stuff became twisted in a funny way. I think today's standard here is the mixture of dated thinking and advanced technology, but fortunately, there's a lot of room to evolve. The growing number of internet users, smartphone owners and the appearance of more conscious buyers brought new opportunities. There are still general social problems but people dare, search and read now: it's a great progress.

Movies

Regarding movies the motto of this week is:

“You're gonna watch some romantic movies” they said.
“It will be fun” they said.

I've gotta watch ten comedies about weddings then write an article about them. I'm really into lists for a while now because they are easy to write. For a full review I always do a lot of extra research, plan the structure, etc. so it's time consuming; but with the “one paragraph – one movie” structure I can put much more and much fresh content into my posts. They can also be developed in a much more natural way: when I see a random movie, I write an opinion about it and then stash it into a tematical list or start a new one. It's a nice way to keep the fresh content flow, also spares me a lot of time (...which I can waste on my utterly terrible time-management skills).

My only problem is: I'm really not that into wedding comedies. I pretty much watch all kinds of movies, romantic ones too, but... nah, these are completely out of my comfort zone. At least for now. Thank god I'm also doing a hard Lethal Weapon marathon. You know the new series? I really recommend it because it's fresh, funny and touching. The stories of the episodes aren't much to talk about, but character drama and hilarious jokes make the whole thing working. It doesn't feel like “just another remake” but something that works on its own. Worth checking out, Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans are a pair made in heaven. [trailer]

Gaming

On the gaming side there's a lot going on. On 15th March the new Tomb Raider movie rolls out, so I decided to do a little bit of rank-hunting and review the Crystal Dynamics trilogy: TR Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. So far I managed to finish Anniversary twice, and Legend once. Legend's going to be an absolute favorite for me: it's fun, it's well-designed, challenging, gorgeusly-executed and I absolutely love the Lara we meet in this game. On the other hand, it was painfully short. Anniversary was good but honestly, it lacks something. It's a great remake but falls short on some points compared to its predecessor, Legend. Altough I have to admit, some of puzzles are simply epic! The sheer size and complexity is stunning at some places. [trailer]


Before Tomb Raider: Underworld I bought Unreal 2 on Gog because it was cheap and I decided to check Unreal Gold between the Tomb Raider episodes. The modified Unreal (it runs on the first Tournaments engine) is simply a blast from the past: the atmosphere is perfect, gameplay is challenging and fast, music makes me exstatic and it's simply beautiful (not just its age, the color-direction is 10/10, makes my eyes happy).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GTA Online "little tips": boosting Vagos cars for 10-12k a piece

Stealing and selling NPC cars in GTA Online is not the most lucrative business but it gives you a little monetary boost. In this little guide I'll show you a place where you may find some slightly more valuable cars in freemode. 

An effective way to do VIP work in GTA Online: The Wave Method

Are you a grinder in GTA Online? Let me show you a smart method to do VIP work.

GTA Online "Little Tips": what are the daily objectives?

Daily objectives provide a great opportunity for every player to learn a lot of stuff about GTA Online while earning a little lunch money in the short run, or quite a few pennies if you are persistent enough.